So after almost exactly one year completely off from work, I've started a new job!! A few months ago we discovered some friends of ours in our small group were looking for childcare for their two boys when their new baby was born. After much thought and prayer, we decided it was a perfect opportunity for me to start up my own little in-home childcare! It's something that's been in the back of my mind for a while (actually, something I was thinking about doing had Gary not gotten a new job here in DC). I love being home with my boys, but I have missed teaching and it's been tight this year on one income. This is a great alternative to me going back to work and I'm so excited to be starting with two more sweet boys! Asher is two months old, and Elijah is three! My boys are enjoying new playmates, and we're all busy getting into a new routine! I've been doing preschool activities with the two big boys and have kept them all busy with trips to the park, "center time", and independent room time each day! We're all adjusting pretty well so far! Their mom only works M-Th, so I'll still have every Friday off with just my boys to do things :) I am looking forword to having more space for all of us in a couple of months (we're starting to look for a townhouse to move to in July!) and hopefully a mini-van at some point, so we're not confined to only walking places.
Here are a couple of pictures of the four of them playing together!


And a couple of fun photos of my boys, too! Here's Alex on the way home from a special Starbucks date with mommy!!

And one of Nathan with his race car! (I missed the pic of him standing with both feet on the seat... and the one of him using it to climb up on the couch by himself! Silly boy!)
Alex enjoying his "Treasure Hunt" Book - a special gift from his aunt and uncle! Cannot believe how old he looks!
No comments:
Post a Comment