Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Baby #3!!
I'm 14 weeks today, pregnany with baby #3! Still hard to believe we'll have another baby in February! We found out at about 4 1/2 weeks... took a pregnancy test only because we wanted to "make sure" since I was just a few days late and had been regular for the past couple of months. I was still nursing Nathan and we were really just wanting to ease our worry... much to our surprise, the test was positive! We weren't quite convinced since it was one of those tests with the + and - and the second line wasn't THAT visible... well, I was pretty sure, but Gary was a little bit in denial ;) So I picked up a digital test on my grocery shopping trip an hour later, took it as soon as I got home, and confirmed that, yes we were pregnant! We were definitely surprised and a little bit in shock, but never dissappoiinted or upset in the least bit! It's funny how something that you are not at all planning (at least for another year or two) can still be such a welcome and happy surprise! And that something you didn't really "want" you instantly fall in love with!
So the last couple of months have been a little rough - lots or morning sickness and exhaustion in the midst of the moving and the start of my job watching 2 extra boys! I'm 14 weeks today and the nausea has definitely eased up, but is still there... instead of CONSTANT nausea, it's only about 50% of the time now ;) My first appointements have gone great though, and they've calculated my due date at Feb 6th! Alex and this little one will be almost exactly 4 years apart and Nathan will be 21 months older than his little brother or sister!
Alex is pretty excited... he always thanks God for "the new baby" and says he wants "a brother, just like his Nathan". It's funny how he's adamant he wants a brother again! When we first told him there was a baby in my belly, he thought it was the funniest thing! I guess if you think about it from a 3 year old's perspective, it is pretty silly! Now he comments that my belly is getting bigger all the time. He went with me to my appointment last week and I was explaining that we were going to listen to the baby... he wanted to know if he was "singing in there??" haha... too cute :)
We feel so blessed to have a third baby on the way! Pray for a healthy pregnancy and baby!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

yay! you look great! Does this pregnancy feel different than the others? Didn't know if you had a hint at what you might be having.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I don't think the nausea has been quite as intense as it was with Nathan, but it is lasting longer than either of the other two... don't really have a feeling on boy/girl yet. My pregnancies with Nathan and Alex were pretty different and they're both boys, so who knows!
ReplyDelete