Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Boys at 4 years and 21 months

Just a post to write down a few memories about my kiddos at these ages :)  I've been telling them lately that they need to stay JUST like this, because they are just so much fun, and just so cute!  Love my boys :)
Nathan ~
*You have SO many words, talk ALL the time, and use complete sentences.  You get complimented all of the time on  your speech :)
*You still love your passy.  You only get it while in your crib, but you are an addict.  We plan to take it away around age two, but I'm terrified! 
*Helping is one of your favorite things to do!  You throw away your own diapers, bring me things, put away your dirty clothes, etc. 
*You find bodily noises absolutely HILARIOUS, when you pass gas you giggle and then blame it on someone else!  It is quite funny! 
*We started practicing memory verses at the start of the new year and I cannot believe how well you do with them!  I included you because I knew you'd have fun with it, but you are really getting it too!  You LOVE to earn a sticker on your chart for practicing, and a couple of days ago I overheard you reciting it to yourself in the bath!  You missed a couple of words, but clearly said "Let us love one another... GOD!!!  GOD!!"  (you left out the little part "love comes from" God)  I'm so proud :)  You yell God's name every time you say it :)
*You wait to eat your food until we've prayed... you will say "let's pray!" and hold hands around the table :)
*You LOVE to go bye bye and always ask for a snack in the car (a bad habit mommy probably started...)  Your favorite thing to take is Fruit Snacks (another very bad habit that we're working on changing!)
*You are SUCH a snuggler!  You say "hold you mommy" all the time and raise your arms up... it is quite irresistable ;)  You also love to sit in mommy's and daddy's laps :)
*You're a little guy at just over 21 lbs.  You're in the 1st percentile for weight and 5th for height.  You've never been a huge eater, and I'm sure it's partly genetic too... the doctors aren't too worried at this point.
*You absolutely love Mickey Mouse, Spiderman, Thomas, and Toy Story (Woody and Buzz)
*You've known all the names of your body parts for quite sometime, can often be caught counting (but only correctly up to three most of the time), can name just about any animal and their sound, and are STILL singing "Jingle Bells" as your favorite song  ("ingle bells ingle bells... ina oooone hooows open sleighhh, HEY!")  I've been working hard to encourage other songs, but this continues to be your favorite ;)
*You can be an instigator with your brother... and often get time-out for purposefully bothering him ;)


Alex~
*Still can't get over that you are 4 years old!  You remind us often of this fact:  "four year olds sometimes do this..."  "four year olds can build this stuff"  " four year olds sometimes don't eat all of their chicken..."  the list could go on and on ;)  You'll also say "when I'm 5..." 
*You are also a snuggler... you'll often tell me you want to cuddle :)  I love this! 
*You easily write your name... but still aren't all that into things requiring writing...
*You like to do things just right, and get frustrated easily when you can't or when you need help
*I think you're going to be really good with numbers!  You already count things often and have really good one to one correspondence.  You can order numbers 1-10 easily, count to 14 without skipping numbers (then you often get mixed up, but sometimes you count higher), can look at any number from 1-99 and almost always say the right number just by looking at it (excluding some of the teens)!!  You also (unknowingly) make up story problems all the time with your food or hotwheels or whatever... things like "I have 9 grapes right now!  Once I eat these two, I'll have 7 left!"  etc. etc. 
* You LOVE your hotwheels and airplanes!  Mommy has gotten you into sorting them, and you have a lot of fun with it.  You've easily got 50 hotwheel cars and 20 airplanes, but you know them all and know just which one you're looking for.  You love if they have spoilers on the back or fire on the sides, because that means they are racecars and they go fast!  When we're out driving you'll point out cars that you think are fast based on how they look :)
*You are sensitive, sweet, and stubborn. 
*You do things in your own time, at your own pace... I've said it before, but I think God made you like that to help me with my patience :)  There is no way to rush you! 
*You are 31 lbs and in the 7th percentile for weight... can't remember your height off the top of my head, maybe 35th? 
*You love all things superhero! 
*You can recite all of your Bible verses by heart, by yourself!  (minus the references...)  So proud of you! 
*You are a good, kind friend.  It takes you a little while to open up with new kids, but once you do, you LOVE to be silly and funny! 
*You know almost all of your letters and sounds... and you like to play the game where I say a word and you try to tell me what letter it starts with!  You're very good at it ;)  You also chunk words when you're pretending to read... "Mom, this says legos right here... le - gos" 

I know I could go on and on about you two, but it's time for some afternoon snuggles ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment