I turned the big 2-8 on Saturday... can't believe I've only got two years left until I hit 30! Feeling so old! The boys made my day great :)
We went to the circus in the morning...
Alex wouldn't get anywhere near the clown... but I didn't give Nathan much of a choice ;) He was a little unsure!
The boys were so excited... but also trying to figure out what in the world this "circus" thing was! We took Alex when he was 2, but didn't go last year, so he didn't remember it.
We took some light up toys from home that the kids got from their oma and opa last week, they worked out perfectly! Alex was at the perfect age for a circus show! He LOVED the clowns and was laughing throughout the whole show, it was so cute! He pretty much liked everything and was engaged the entire time, it was so fun watching him enjoy the show :)
Nathan was really into the animals and anything that lit up... he also LOVED the catapult that shot a person across the room! He kept asking me if they could do it again please! He had a few "antsy" moments, but we didn't have to leave or anything. I did give in and let him have his passy and we bought popcorn/ice cream at intermission! I figured we'd have a few moments where he'd lose interest some, but he's been to the movies a couple of times now and has done pretty well, so we decided to take the whole family and I'm glad we did!!
Nathan was exhausted by the end of the show... this was before we even got out of the parking lot!
And Alex fell asleep about 10 minutes later...
After a relaxing afternoon, Gary made my birthday dinner - korean bbq! It is his speciality and one of our favorite meals! It was delicious :) (and it's always a treat when someone cooks for ME!)
After dinner we had cupcakes and presents! I got a new game for our kinects (zumba!) amongst some other little things from Gary and the kids. The boys were so cute with it being my "happy day" (according to Nathan... he talks about "happy days" all the time after Alex's birthday and a few other parties we've been to. He's wondering when his big day will come! It's pretty cute!)
I think the kids enjoyed my birthday as much (if not more) than I did! Kids make birthdays a lot of fun :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment