Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Playtime

Ok, crazy, I know... 4 posts in 2 days!  That's what happens when the kids sleep in until 7:30!!  Alex sleeps in until around 7 most of the time now, but Nathan is normally up between 6 and 6:30.  I don't want to jinx myself, but he's sleeping in past 7 for the 5th day in a row today! 

Alex has had this Trio Blocks set for a year or so, and has enjoyed playing with it some, but not really "building" with it.  A couple of weeks back he found the book with all of the "maps" of things you can build... he sat down and started building!  Here is one of the things he built ALL BY HIMSELF! I was pretty impressed!  He is such a perfectionist, he had to have each little peice EXACTLY like it was in the picture... 

One day Alex asked if he could wash his cars... they were apparently "dirty" and he wanted to use his carwash!  Here they are busy cleaning away!  (This kept them busy for close to an hour!)




Park Time!!! The kids just LOVE playing outside :)



They discovered a ton of roly polies on our front sidewalk!  They spent the whole afternoon collecting them and playing with them :)  I remember doing this when I was a kid, so fun!



I was surprised Nathan didn't squish them, but he was very careful...


 We left them on the front porch to show daddy before letting them loose in the yard... then I saw them the next morning still sitting there, oops!  Most of them were dead :(  Speaking of creatures and dying, my sister got Alex sea monkeys for Christmas and one of them is still hanging on!  We've had a couple of talks about how they will eventually die and they don't last forever and he's watched as more and more "dissappear".  Well yesterday, he asked to feed the one that's left, then told me that he doesn't want him to be hungry when he goes to heaven :)  too sweet! 


Nathan loves to be a ltitle helper (and to do things "all by myself!)  He helped daddy rake, trim, and mow the "yard"  ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment