My parents and sisters were in town two weekends ago to visit and we had a great time! We took them to IKEA and we all went out to lunch... we spent most of the rest of the weekend relaxing and catching up! They will all be back again over Easter :)
This past weekend we took Alex to the circus - it was priceless to see his big eyes as he watched the show and so fun to see him clap and cheer for the different acts. He was in awe! His favorite thing to watch was definitely the animals - elephants, horses, tigers, and dogs!
I'm starting to feel really tired at this point - I'm sooo ready for spring break in two weeks and then maternity leave to start three weeks after that. It still seems like a long time though, the days and weeks are just dragging! It's not even that I'm necessarily ready to have the baby yet, I'm just ready to be done with school. It's definitely been a tough year with my class and my patience is pretty much gone at this point. It is so exhausting trying to deal with angry, emotional, and often mean and disrespectful kids all day while also trying to actually teach them something. And of course it isn't the whole class, but 6 kids or so that really make it tough for the rest of us to enjoy our days together. Anyway, keep praying for my energy and patience as I make it through 4.5 more weeks with this group of kids!
But, I actually love being pregnant! Each time I feel those little baby kicks and movements, I am just so amazed at the miracle of pregnancy! Other than tired, I'm feeling overly hungry all the time and very obsessed with food haha. I literally go to bed thinking about what I'm going to eat for breakfast the next morning! My back is really bothering me this pregnancy too. It bothered me last time, but this time it seems worse. Maybe it's how the little guy is laying or something?
And for a few favorite 2 year old sayings from these past few days:
- "onamark, set, go!" (on your mark, get set, go!)
- "uv ooo mama" (love you mama) - a favorite saying that will never get old :)
- "why?" and "but why?"- this is a new one... only within the past 3 days or so... I have a feeling we are entering a why? stage! It's cute for now, but we'll see in a couple more days ;) Normally right now it's used when we ask him to do something that he isn't so sure he wants to do!

No comments:
Post a Comment