Monday, March 1, 2010

Current Happenings

We've had a big two year old for a little over a month now! I can't believe how big Alex is getting and what a little boy he is turning into. Here are some of the things that he is currently doing/saying:
  • "MINE!" (not a mommy and daddy favorite ;) )
  • "ready... GO!"
  • "WOOHOO!" (can be said for even the littlest amount of excitement... and with both arms thrown up in the air)
  • He is VERY into letters... he likes to play "cards" with letter flashcards, watch TV shows with letters, play letters on the fridge, and points them out on everything! He now knows: A, M, R, T, Z, Q, O and sometimes K and S. I know, it is a very random assortment!
  • "One... two... tree!" (before running across a room, back and forth)
  • Says his own prayers... not in full sentences or anything, but he now likes to say the words. (Mommy and daddy are usually second on the list of "thank yous" after his little buddy Jack!)
  • Enjoys choo choos (and even tries to build his own tracks now), cars, and trucks - he is all boy!
  • Does great sleeping in his "big boy bed"... still doing great with staying in bed until he gets permission to get up, which is wonderful!
  • "no way!" (another way over-used phrase... often involving a pointing finger... the two year old attitude is coming out!)
  • "come here" and "up please" and "play please" to get mommy and daddy's attention to play!
  • Gives kisses to mommy's belly and will tell you his baby brother is in there... he loves babies right now - we'll see if that is still true in a couple of months ;)
  • Books! Alex can sit and read books for a very long time for a two year old... and he loves going to the library and bookstore with mommy! I hope this love of reading lasts a long time!
  • Playing with his daddy - they have definitely been able to bond and enjoy lots of guy play time together with Gary being out of work... he sure does love his daddy! It is so sweet to watch them together... how blessed I am :)

Ok, so I could probably go on forever, but since those are the first things that come to mind, I'm sure they are the most important to remember! :)

The pregnancy is still going great! Of course the tiredness is hitting me more and more (I am now 30 weeks!) and my back bothers me and I have to pee allll the time - but that is all normal of course. This little guy is quite the mover! He doesn't just kick the way that Alex did. His whole body moves, and it moves a lot. It is crazy to feel and to watch... not sure what that means for once he is born, haha. We still haven't settled on a name for sure. Our top name is still Nathan (Nate for short), but we haven't completely decided yet. I feel like things have been so busy this time and we've had a lot of other stuff going on that this pregnancy has taken more of a backseat... Gary was already saying the other day that he doesn't think this baby is getting the same attention as the first! I guess we just feel like things are pretty much ready since we've already done it once. Probably over spring break in a few weeks I'll make sure the nursery is together and go through some more of the clothes and stuff.

Well, anyway, I feel like I'm starting to ramble! Keep praying for a healthy baby and the current job situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment