Well, I guess it's about time I update about life! Can't believe it's been over 3 weeks since my last post, and soo much has happened in the Friske house! We had a wonderful Easter with my family (I was hoping to post pictures of Easter on my next blog entry... but am still trying to figure out how to get pics off of my dad's camera - I left mine in Chicago when we visited, oops!) Alex enjoyed all of the Easter festivities though - dying eggs, egg hunting, Easter baskets, lots of treats, and just visiting with family!
After spring break, I went back to school for 3 more weeks... and now I'm DONE!!! It felt like a loong 3 weeks at school and was so tiring, but I am so happy to be at home and relaxing now. We spent the weekends doing lots of "nesting" things and preparing for our little guy - carpet cleaning, nursery organizing, furniture rearranging, and finishing up some grad class assignments so that everything is done and I don't have to worry about any of that after the baby comes! I feel pretty prepared and am am mostly just relaxing now and trying to keep things semi-clean and ready :) Alex got sick pretty much right after school was done for me - it hit him Saturday evening and he's finally starting to feel better today. I'm just glad that it's before the baby comes!
I think we've decided on a name for our little one! Well, kind of... we are still debating the shorter or longer version. Nathan or Nathaniel Karl Friske is our plan right now (unless we have some kind of last minute change of mind haha). Nathan means gift from God and Karl is Gary's middle name and was his grandpa's name. If we go with Nathaniel, we'll call him Nathan most of the time... we were thinking with the longer name Alexander it might go well... and I really like the sound of it... although Gary is leaning a little more toward just Nathan right now, so we will see!
So now we're just playing the waiting game! My doctors have all still predicted that Nathan will be here early - I think they mainly think that because Alex was 10 days early. I have been 1.5 cm dialated for 2 weeks now... and yesterday they said I was 2 cm. He said he hoped to see me before my next appt on Wed. next week, but if not we'll talk about how long they'd want to wait before inducing me. Gary is so ready for the baby to make his appearance! He's been asking me several times a day if I have any labor signs and thinks every day is "the day". On the other hand, I'm enjoying a few days off to relax and rest up and spend time with Alex. (I'm loving the fact that I can stay in bed until 7 and take a daily nap!!!) I think by next week, I will be ready for Nathan's arrival though! I am starting to feel a little anxious and just wondering what will happen this time - last time was so different since my water broke before contractions started at all. I was induced with Alex, so I feel like I don't know what to expect this time!
We are also getting nervous about how Alex will do with the arrival of his little brother! He has been especially clingy to mommy the past few weeks and more whiny than usual. I think he senses that there are changes coming! He knows he's having a brother of course, but I think that we've been talking about it so long now that it doesn't feel like it's real to him. I think he's definitely going to have some jealousy and it will be tough not to have all of mommy's attention... we did get him a few new things to pull out when the baby comes and hope to make it as easy of a transition as possible - we'll see! I think two might be a tough age since they are so much in the "mine", egocentric phase! His personality is also very affectionate and he loves to snuggle all of the time - I think that might be tough with us holding the baby and him wanting to be held too.
Well, Alex is asking if I'm done with my "e-mails" and if we can go outside, so I guess I'm done for now! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment