Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring is officially here!

Spring break has been great! I can't believe how fast it has gone - it is already Friday! Here are some highlights from the week:

*A trip to Chicago to visit great college friends!! And although Alex was very off schedule and had several "terrible two" moments, we had a great time! We enjoyed the Shedd Aquarium (where Alex loved to "touch" the fish through the glass and claimed that they were "my fish!"), Chicago style pizza, games, and wonderful company!!

*Ice cream date with Alex on one of the beautiful days we had! And he ate every single bite... I think we were there at least 45 minutes... I kept asking if he was all done and he'd just grin and say "nooo..." and keep on going! (This was a big change from last summer when he thought ice cream was too cold and wouldn't eat more than 2 bites or so)

*Park time (although the normally 10 minute walk there was a MUCH different experience being 7 1/2 months pregnant! haha!) - And Alex overcame his long time fear of slides... he must have gone down 15 times by the end of our trip!

*Shopping for spring clothes for my boys! (Well mostly for Alex since the new little guy has TONS of clothes already!)

*Nursery organizing... with the help of Alex who referred to it as the "baby's room" and wanted so badly to help fold and put away and sort clothes! Such a big helper!

*Closet cleaning... got to clean out two closets :) not as much organizing as I'd hoped, but pretty good for only having a few free days!

*Flip flops, capris, short sleeves, lots of outside time, beautiful weather!

*Convincing Alex (well, bribing him actually!) to wear sandals (he was very concerned that he had no socks on!) and shorts!

*Watching Alex enjoy riding his bike and car and collect sticks, rocks, and grass from around the yard. He just LOVES being outside!

*Grilling out with my boys and eating outside on the deck!

*Lunch date in the middle of the week with Gary... and getting to see his office and meet his co-workers!

*Mid-day naps (every day except one this week :) )

*Donut and "choo choo" date with Alex (his FAVORITE thing to do with mommy I think... dunkin' donuts followed by barnes and noble to play with the train table and read books - this was something we did on Saturday mornings together while Gary was unemployed to give him a little bit of time to himself!)

It has been a busy, fun-filled, and productive week! I can't believe how fast it has gone by... although I'm not dreading going back tooooo much since I know I only have 3 weeks until maternity leave starts. Speaking of the baby, my doctor was convinced at my appointment this week that I will be early - we will see! I really don't know what she is basing this theory off of, but she seemed pretty sure! She even had me move my pre-registration appointment up a week and a half just to make sure the baby doesn't come before my appointment.

Well, I better run, my family will be here soon to celebrate Easter weekend at our house! So excited to see them all again!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment