Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First day of school thoughts

I have wanted so long to be a stay-at-home mom, and there is truly no where I'd rather be today. I am SO thankful and blessed that I am able to stay home with my kids this year and I know it's the right thing for our family....

BUT...

As Norwood goes back to schol today, I can't help but feeling a little nostalgic... call me crazy, but I have always LOVED the first day of school! The excitement, the nerves, the untouched school supplies, clean classroom, new faces, the curiosity of not knowing what the year will bring and how you'll impact lives in the coming year... and just the all around fresh start that the first day brings. I'll be praying for my old students today and for all my teacher friends... have a great first day!!!

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I could have written this post! You are such an amazing teacher, but you're an even more amazing mommy! Enjoy being at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, it was so weird not being there yesterday! you are an amazing mommy too... enjoy your new job!! :)

    ReplyDelete