Thursday, September 15, 2011

18 weeks, 16 months, 3 1/2 years

Wow!  My 3 babies are now 18 weeks (in the belly), 16 months, and 3 1/2 years old!!!!  They are all amazing, if I do say so myself :) 
 Our littlest peanut is definitely growing! Mama is starting to feel much better... I only feel nautious now if I don't eat small meals frequently :) I am even back to drinking coffee again this week! (Something that has seriously turned my stomach since the very beginning and something I really missed enjoying each morning!!)  I have been feeling baby flutters for quite some time, although it's hard to know "for sure" that it is baby at first!  I would say my first "feeling" was around 14 weeks, and now I'm more sure that it is our little one as they are stronger and more frequent.  No REAL baby kicks yet though and nothing Gary can feel, more flutters or butterflies at this point :)  Other than that, I'm just tired and have an achy back.  I am hungry alll the time, pee a lot, and can feel myself getting bigger!  I'm in maternity clothes full-time now and it's at that point where things are *starting* to get a little more difficult physically (bending over, getting up, etc.).  Of course, nothing like it will be later, just those first feelings of growth I guess!  As for baby's big brothers, they already love him, too!  (Yes, I just typed "him" without thinking LOL... I really don't have a feeling of boy or girl, but seem to always refer to baby as "he" haha)  Nathan gets the biggest grin each night when we say his goodnight prayers and thank God for the baby.  He says "baby" and pats my belly over and over, so sweet!  Alex asks questions and talks about the baby a lot.  The other day he was curious where the new baby would sit in the car!  He also comments that my belly is getting bigger and bigger! 


 Next, there's this little guy!! Or should I say, BIG boy!  I cannot believe how old he seems lately!!!  He talks A LOT now!  I couldn't even begin to make a list of words he says.  He says more and more every day and can repeat most words if you ask him to!  He is losing more and more baby and is becoming such a little boy!  He loves animals (especially dogs!) and points them out any time he sees them.  If he hears trucks or cars outside or sees them while we are out he always points them out and says "car" or "truck".  He points out planes in the sky and choo choos anywhere he sees them (in books or on tv mostly).  He still loves music and dancing and breaks out the moves all the time - in rhythm I must add!  He also dances when he gets happy.  He loves balls... carrying them around, throwing them, finding them.  Nathan mimics his big brother all the time and wants to play whatever brother is playing.  He makes sound effects and pretends he's on Alex's "rocket" with us!  He buckles himself up and puts on his pretend helmet when we do!  It's amazing what he's capable of already and how much he understands.  He wants to do projects with us every day and there's no stopping him from trying everything that Alex does!  He also loves to go "bye bye".  He grabs his shoes and asks for his hat and cheers "yay!!!!" and "woohoo!!!" He loves when  you chase him or try to "get him" and LOVES to wrestle, tickle, and roughhouse (especially with daddy!)!! Nathan can be quite the stinker too... he holds his own with his big brother and won't let anyone take anything from him without putting  up a fight!  He gets time-out many times a day for hitting, too.  We're working hard on this!  Most of the time it's more of an attention-getting thing, rather than just being mean or trying to get something - but it's a definite problem!  He LOVES giving kisses and hugs though after time-out and almost always behaves after his consequence.  In fact, he is quite the snuggler in general, and is very affectionate.  He pats me when I pick him up, always leans his head on my shoulder and gives never ending kisses throughout the day!  He loves to snuggle and sit on my lap, and brings me who knows how many books to read him all day long!  He is pretty much the cutest little toddler EVER... and no, I'm really not bias at all ;)

Alex is my big 3 year old!!! I don't know how often he tells me "I'm growing, mommy!  See??" and shows me his arms or legs or whatever!  He reminds me every day that he's getting bigger :)  He's also so sweet and affectionate, and oh so snuggly!  Alex loves to sit with me still and give hugs and kisses!  His interests are very diverse right now... he is so creative and imaginative, he is constantly surprising me!  He plays pretend all the time now - he flies his rocket to "planet X", becomes a pirate hunting for treasure, or is "daddy" to his baby "Tony" (his teddy bear that he has named and plays baby with lately!)  In fact, Tony is so popular around here, even Nathan calls him by name ("No-neee")  Alex continues to love to do "projects" and is learning so much all the time.  He's pretty much given up his nap most days (he still has "quiet time" while Nathan is napping, but I've started letting him read books, do puzzles, or color, as long as he stays in the bedroom - usually our room since Nathan is in their room.  He naps maybe 2-3 times a week now. He is so creative he can really entertain himself for quite some time... he stays in there until I go get him every day. And Nathan is napping once a day for about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs - he gave up his morning nap about a month ago).  Alex still loves to read books - he prefers non-fiction most of the time and spends much of his time at the library in that section.  He loves to go to the park and play outside with rocks and sticks.  He also loves all things boy - trains, planes, cars, trucks, rockets, superheros, the list goes on and on!  Alex continues to be sensitive and has melt downs when he gets frustrated or hurt.  We're continually working with him on using his words and expressing himself in ways other than getting super upset.  He's also quiet and reserved in new situations and takes some time to open up.  He is pretty much the smartest, sweetest, absolutely cutest preschooler I know :)  And again, no bias at all ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment