Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thankful

A few things that I am thankful for over the past couple of weeks...

~A healthy baby boy: We went to two appointments last week for Nathan's head. The neurologist was very happy with how strong Nathan is, his attentiveness, his ability to control his hands/movements, the way he reaches with such purpose for toys, and his all around cognitive abilities and growth! She was confident that he does not have any major issues with his head growth (and brain development) and thinks that continued positioning will help with the flattness. She does want us to get an x-ray just to completely rule out craniosynistosis (sp?), but said IF there were any problems with this, they are definitely not affecting him yet and will not be a serious issue. She said that all of these appointments though are just us all being overcautious. This eased my worries and really just makes me feel so thankful for Nathan's health.

~A husband who eases my worry... when I start to freak out (and my mind gets going and makes up stories and "what ifs"), Gary is always there to remind me that God is sovereign. I spent several days really worrying about Nathan and over-researching things online... Gary reassured me over and over again, reminding me it is what it is, we are not in control, there is nothing that we can do other than deal with it if something is wrong. I am so thankful for him and his positivity... he keeps me grounded and level-headed. When I tell him what I've been thinking/worrying about all day, he's there to make me realize how ridiculous I'm acting and I often end up laughing at how I've been fretting when he's right: I AM NOT IN CONTROL! It is so hard to remember this sometimes! I am so thankful for such a loving, Christian husband!

~SLEEP!!!! So my last post was "frustrated"... we ended up deciding that we needed to move Nathan into the laundry/second bathroom again so that I wouldn't be jumping out of bed to get him the second he cried due to my fear of waking Alex up! He's been in there since Friday and is doing so much better! We let him cry a couple of times and it has really helped get him back to one feeding in the middle of the night! YAY! The last couple of nights he's gone down at 7:30 and has gotten up to eat around 11 and then sleeps till morning - 6:00ish. I have felt so much more rested! I think we're going to move him back in with Alex tonight and see how it goes :)

~Gary and I still stop at least a couple of times a week and just look at each other saying, "can you believe we're here right now?" Saturday as we were out running errands and enjoying the day we were reminiscing about the past year. It has been almost a year since Gary lost his job at 5/3. Who would have ever imagined all that would happen this past year! God is so good. I love being able to look back and see how God worked through every situation and answered every prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment