*Nathan weighed in at 15lbs 12oz at his 6 month appointment last week! He's in the 17th percentile for weight... which really surprised me since last time he was in the 40th (or so I was told). My doctor this time said though it looks like last time he was really in the 30-35th or so when she looked at it again. His height is 26cm (32%) and his head circumference is in the 27th percent. This all surprised me just a little since he loves his food sooo much so far and just seems bigger than Alex was to me. He's just adorable when it comes to eating. He almost always finishes off whatever we offer him and he gets SO excited! I love it!
*I love Nathan's "sleepy signal" (can't believe I've never mentioned it before!) He rubs his eyes like clockwork when he is ready for a nap. It is so sweet :)
*Nathan is cutting 3 teeth right now! His bottom front left tooth is poking through and the right one next to it is trying. The one on top is still starting to peek a bit, but hasn't cut through yet. He is SUPER fussy with teething... was up several times again last night :( (We're still having sleep issues... finally let him cry it out for a while last week. It was great, took 20 minutes and he was OUT! And then slept all night for 3 nights in a row, for 11-12 hrs each night! Then he got his shots, started teething, and we had a time change. And now it feels like we're back to square one. Oh well... once we get through the teething it looks like we'll have to cry it out again.)
*Correction (since I started this post yesterday!) Nathan slept through the night again last night!! YAY! 7pm-6am :)
*Nathan is such a smiley, giggly boy! Over the past week and a half or so he is laughing out loud regularily! He has laughed before, but he's doing it throughout the day, every day now. I LOVE THIS!! Gary gets a little jealous because he still only gets the big belly laugh when he tickles Nathan... but mommy can get it just by talking and playing with him :)
Alex's language just cracks me up lately! Here are some cute sayings/stories from the past few days:
*He says "Too many room!!" (not enough room) all the time... when things are in his way, or if you're in his spot, etc.
*He mixes up miles, pounds, hours, dollars, cents, minutes, etc. It's pretty cute :)
*As he was waiting eagerly by the door to leave for church on Sunday, he says "let's DO this!" He'll also say "Let's rock n roll!" when he's waiting for everyone, ready to get out the door
*I find him mimicking things that I say a lot... "That's so silly!" "Oh my goodness!" "That's so nice" "Aww... so cute!"
*Gary was getting ready the other day and picked out a plain gray sweater... Alex says to him "That's not cute daddy..."
*Alex is so excited for the holidays already. We got two toy ad magazines in the mail yesterday from Target and Wal-Mart. Alex spent THE ENTIRE DAY looking through them over and over, talking about each toy and what he thought about it... "that's pretty cool" "this one's a little weird" "i like this one!" "I want that for MY kismis" "that not berry cool..." This morning we spent the morning shopping for OTHER kids for Christmas to put together Christmas shoeboxes for kids in need and for a birthday present for another kid. I think we'll spend more time doing that again. I don't want him to think Christmas is all about him and presents!
Anyway, I could go on and on... but seeing that I started this post a couple of days ago and have already spent three days writing this, I better just post it now even though I'm not really done, it's just time to go! haha.

No comments:
Post a Comment