I find him like this often... snuggled up on his bed with a pile of books that he's planning to read :) (His sheets were inthe wash in the bottom picture lol)
His current favorites are the holiday books (we just put away the Halloween books and the Thanksgiving books have been out a while... then yesterday I decided to pull out the Christmas ones!) He also loves Dr. Suess books and train books a lot! When we go to the library he always has requests of what kinds of books he wants me to find (this makes it tricky...) He'll say "Today I want train books!" or "I want a rocket book today!" haha... it's not always easy to find what he's decided he wants ;)
I am always impressed at how much he actually understands what I'm reading to him... I'll stop and ask him questions about what's going on and most of the time he can tell me! We're working on our predicting skills, it's cute to hear what he "thinks might happen". The other thing he's started doing is making sure I read all the words to him... if I try to skip the title page or dedication page and tell him the story starts on the next page, he'll say "No, look mommy there's words!" I love it! :) I love that even though I left a job that I really love (teaching), I still have the opportunity to do it every day at home with my own kids!

No comments:
Post a Comment