First a picture of my boys during one of my favorite times of the week: Saturday mornings! I love our Saturday lazy morning routine: jammies, couch, cartoons, coffee, snuggles, breakfast, and all four of us just relaxing! It's the next best thing to sleeping in, right? ;)
We gave Nathan a sippy cup about a week ago! I just put a little apple juice and mostly water in the cup and have been letting him experiment a little with it. He loves it! Although, I don't think he really gets much out of it ;) I remember it taking Alex a long time to figure it out though, so I figure just letting him play with it once a day for 15 minutes or so for now will help him learn!
Alex enjoyed it as much as Nathan did! I know I say it all the time, but I love how much they enjoy each other already! :)
Such sweet boys.
The other really fun thing about the last week or so is that Nathan has these two little teeth on the bottom. They are SO cute! And Nathan plays with them all the time. He puts his fingers in there and you can tell he knows there's something new about his mouth! I love watching him discover new things. He's also started to like the sound of his own laugh. He'll get going and start "fake laughing" just because he likes the sound of it... it's hilarious :)
On another note, his sleeping has been pretty sporadic lately. He'll sleep straight through the night for a couple of nights without waking or fussing or anything... then the next night he'll be up 1-3 times fussing. I'll let him cry for a few minutes and then have usually been going in to give him his passy, which usually works. Every now and then he'll fuss a few minutes and go back to sleep. I haven't been feeding him through the night anymore and he's been doing great with that :) His naps are getting better and better... he has good nap days and cat nap days. On his good nap days he takes two 1 1/2-2 hr naps and usually a short 10-20 cat nap in between (often in the car). On his "cat nap" days he takes 4 naps ranging from 35min-1 hr ish. He's also gotten to the age where he wants to nap in his crib. He'll still cat nap in the car, but won't really sleep "on the go" unless he's in the car anymore (no more rocking him to sleep in my arms or in the carseat :( ) Occasionally on his cat nap days I can still take naps with him on the couch, although it's a little sad that he's outgrowing this too.
Oh and I also wanted to mention how cute it is the way that Nathan reaches for me! When he wants to be picked up he flaps his little arms and legs and reaches them toward me (accompanied with a big ear-to-ear smile and sometimes even a giggle!) It is so sweet, and of course nearly impossible to resist :) It does make me a little sad in the middle of the night when he'll occasionally do this when I go in to just give him his passy and make him go back to sleep... he'll sometimes protest in dissappointment. It usually lasts only a second though and he's back asleep :)

No comments:
Post a Comment