We made cinnammon applesauce Christmas ornaments! They smell amazing (but didn't turn out nearly as cute as the ones in the picture... haha they never do!)
It was very hard for Alex not to habitually eat the dough! I kept reminding him there was glue in it!
We worked on Christmas thank-you gifts - mint chocolate covered pretzels with m&ms on top! yuuuummmm!! These are AMAZING! I'm making more for Gary to give as part of his gifts for his bosses at work!
We mixed, rolled, baked, and decorated 8 dozen (yes, DOZEN) sugar cookies for a cookie exchange we went to on Friday! When I chose sugar cookies I don't think I really realized how many cookies 8 dozen is... rolling and cutting takes a loooong time! Especially when you have two little "helpers" by your side ;) As much as I enjoy baking with my little man, when I have a large amount of something like that to make - and when it's not just for "fun" - I found that I can get pretty impatient!
Here is my "helper" again! He BEGGED me to let him vacuume! After cleaning under the table, he wanted to do the whole apartment!
And we played of course! These two have been soooo cute together lately! Alex has started paying more and more attention to Nathan as Nathan responds more and interacts! Alex had him belly laughing for quite some time this day! We also finished up just about all of our Christmas shopping, had a lunch date at Panera, and stayed up late watching Christmas movies two nights!
Well after 4 1/2 long days without Gary, we were all more than ready to have him back on Friday night! While checking his e-mail the next morning, Alex grabbed his laptop to check his "me mails" too! (this lap top is pretty cool by the way - you can program in your own e-mails and your child's name!)
And they snuggled up together on the couch most of the morning! :) Gary had Monday off, so it was great to have a 3 day weekend after a week without him!

Haha! I am currently without Drew for the first time since we got married as well! It's only 2 nights, and it's been rough enough. I slept with all the downstairs lights on last night, ha! Glad Gary is home safe and sound! Makes you appreciate the time you have with him a little more!
ReplyDeleteI am more than impressed with your baking task! Rolled sugar cookies take a long time! I have been making carmel corn this year because it takes much less work!
Can't believe how big Alex is getting! He's changing so much. And Nathan...wow! Looks like you guys are enjoying the holidays.
ReplyDeleteAshley- that's so funny! I slept with the bathroom light on :) It's so easy to work yourself up and let irrational fears fill your mind! Hope your second night went well!
ReplyDeleteAnd Amy, it's so crazy how fast they grow - yours look so big too!